Wayne, Robert and James McKinney
At McKinney Law Offices, we actively advocate our clients' interest in general areas of law, including but not limited to workers' compensation, personal injury, wills and estate planning, divorce, criminal, real estate and small businesses. Established in 1978, we practice throughout Iowa with our office located in Waukee, Iowa.
We work hard to make you feel comfortable, so that you can minimize the stress and anxiety associated with legal matters.
We focus our practice on:
- Workers' compensation: We handle a significant amount of work-related injuries cases, helping you recover the benefits to which you are entitled under Iowa's Workers' Compensation laws. We also handle bad faith claims against workers' compensation insurance companies and employers who mishandle or fail to provide these benefits injured workers are entitled to under the law.
- Personal injury: We handle a broad range of personal injury claims, including motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, dram shop liability, truck accident, and motorcycle accident claims. We represent people with all types of injuries, from soft-tissue to serious and catastrophic losses, including brain and spinal cord trauma, paralysis, and amputation or loss of limb. We also litigate wrongful death claims.
- Estate planning: We will prepare and execute all documentation required to put an effective estate plan in place, including wills, trusts and durable powers of attorney (for financial and health care purposes). We will also help you settle an estate in the probate courts.
- Family law: We protect the rights of men and women at all stages of a divorce, from the filing through trial and post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement. We handle all matters related to or arising out of divorce, including child custody, support, alimony, and property division.
- Real estate: We provide assistance to clients that are desirous of buying a new home or selling their home on their own, as well as closings on farms, commercial and industrial properties.
- Criminal defense: We defend clients on various felony and misdemeanor charges. We also represent those charged with driving while intoxicated, driving under suspension, traffic tickets, and other offenses. We also assist in the restoration of driving privileges.
- Small business matters: For those who are starting a new business, we assist in the creation of Limited Liability Companies, Small Business Corporations, Partnerships, and other related entities.
Contact us today
To discuss your workers' compensation, personal injury, estate planning, family law, real estate, criminal or small business matters with an experienced attorney, contact our office locally at 515-987-4578, toll-free at 1-877-227-0380, or online. We are available weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. After hours meetings can be arranged upon request.
Our office is conveniently located in the heart of the Waukee business district, but we will travel to meet with you, if necessary.